This is the next article in the series contact form, and the following plugin is Kali Forms, an easy-to-use and intuitive plugin.
We will help you create a straightforward contact form using Kali Forms, the most user-friendly WordPress form builder. So, let’s get started!
Create a Contact Form Using Kali Forms
As I said before, WordPress provides a lot of plugins, and there are also a significant number of form builder plugins. For this tutorial, I will use Kali Forms, the most user-friendly, intuitive, and powerful form builder. It comes with a lot of features and is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
Kali Forms offer a free and a PRO version with four pricing plans. If you want to take advantage of more advanced features and some add-ons that will make your contact form more engaging, you can upgrade to the premium version.
What can Kali Forms offer you?
- Drag and drop builder;
- Mobile responsiveness;
- Advanced fields – collect information from users through a big bunch of field types;
- Digital signature – add digital signatures to your form;
- Conditional logic – hide and show fields in your forms based on your user selections;
- Multi-page forms – group your page fields on different pages;
- Form notifications – trigger one or multiple notifications on each submission form;
- Submissions handling – store submission data in your database;
- reCAPTCHA and Akismet integration – prevent spam submissions through Google reCAPTCHA and Akismet services;
- Form templates – pre-made templates that can be added to your form;
- Form calculator – perform simple or complex calculation through your form fields;
- PayPal and Stripe integration – allow payments through the PayPal and Stripe payment gateways;
- And much more.
Step 1: Install and Activate Kali Forms
Step 2: Create a New Form
Now, the Kali Forms plugin will pop up in your WordPress menu, so every time you want to create an online form, click on Kali Forms > Add New.
You will be redirected to a page with a bunch of predesigned templates. There is also a template with the contact form, but right now, I’ll show you how to create one from scratch. So, go to the blank page and press Create New.
Step 3: Add New Fields to Your Contact Form
First of all, I advise you to give your form a descriptive name not to forget later. So, I will simply name mine – contact form.
Before starting adding fields, I want to let you know that everything here is customizable. You can change the field’s name, add a description or placeholder to it, and make fields required to fill or not.
You can drag and drop each field in your form and customize it as you please. It is really a piece of cake, and the creation process won’t take more than 2 minutes.
For this contact form, I have added:
- One Text box for full name
For this Text box, you can name your field, add a field caption/label, and introduce a field placeholder. Moreover, you can make the field required to fill. You will find all these setups on the left of your page.
- One Phone field for mobile phone
You can make the same changes with this field too.
- One Email box to reply to their message.
For the Email box, you can follow the same process as the Text box and the Phone field.
- Two Choices boxes for major and location to study
For this kind of field, I added a field caption/label and four options for the major. You can do the same for the location to study and add as many options as you need.
- One Checkbox for the purpose of registration
Here, you can also add a field caption/label, the way you want the options to be organized (vertical/horizontal), and the choices.
- One Submit button.
You can choose the style of the Submit button and change its name as you please.
Now, we can move on to the next step.
Step 4: Configure Notifications and Settings
There’s more. You can send a confirmation email to assure your visitors that the form has been completed and received by you. Go to Notification, and you will see there how you can do it. You can even send SMS notifications if you upgrade to the PRO version.
You can benefit from more customization options by going to the Settings page. Here you can choose to display a “thank you” message and find a suitable Form style. With the PRO version, you can take advantage of user registration, newsletter, and much more.
Step 5: Display the Contact Form to Your Website
Once you’re done customizing your contact form, click Save.
After you saved your form, go to Kali Forms, and here you will find the shortcode.
You can copy and paste it into a page or a post.
And this is how the contact form looks like on your website:
As you can see, creating a contact form using the Kali Forms plugin it’s quite easy. Take advantage of all its features and increase your workflow. Give it a try and convince yourself!
If you are looking for tutorials on other contact form plugins, they’re right in this series.