Google Slides, formerly known as Google Presentations, helps you create beautiful presentations like PowerPoint, but online only.
Sometimes, you want to put kinds of these presentations into your website to get a distinct expression and higher engagement, or even only share a speech. So, how to bring it from Google Slides to your website? Let’s make an execution follows this post.
What is Google Slides?
Google provides a free service package which includes Google Slides. Login to your account on Google Drive, you will see where to create and use Google Slides.
All the presentations will be created, edited, saved, managed in Google Drive as other files (docs, sheets).
Embed Google Slides into a WordPress Site
Step 1: Get the Google Slides’ Information
The information we need actually is a code block that defines how the slides display. To get it, we do the following actions:
Go to your Google Drive, then go to the folder where the wanted presentation in.
Open your presentation, and go to the File menu > Publish to the web.
A Popup will display now. Choose the Embed tab and set the specification for the slides.
- Slides size (2): is the size of the slides frame you want to show on your website. Apart from the 3 sizes with the fixed dimensions, you have another option to custom the size. However, pay attention to the ratio when you set any custom size.
- Auto-advance slices (3): it is the time to auto-switch to the next slides.
- Two next boxes: just check or uncheck the box depends on your needs.
After that, press Publish and copy the showed code block in the popup. We will use it in the next step.
Step 2: Embed Google Slides’ Code into Your Website
Go to the admin page on your WordPress website and do the following actions:
- Go to edit page of the post you want to embed the slides (or create a new post). In case you want to embed slides into a page, go to edit that page.
- Choose the Text tab at the right corner.
- Paste the copied code to the content field.
- Press Publish / Update button.
Now, go to the single post page to see if the presentation displays on your site as you want or not. This is what I got:
If your presentation frame has not fitted your site or run too fast/slow, just come back to the 1st step and begin again.
Embedding Google Slides into your WordPress site gives you more options to express your content. It may be more creative and vivid. This way is easier than creating a video and everyone can do it without any hassle.
I hope you can make it done well. And, don’t forget to follow my upcoming tutorials.