All kinds of forms on a website are prime points for establishing contact with the site visitors for kickstarting business interactions. This simple yet crucial website element is usually underestimated by ignorant website owners who fail to exploit their potential to the fullest.
If you are looking to setup a new website or start blogging, it is highly recommended to implement these forms into your site structure. Since WordPress is a user-friendly platform and has caught quite the fancy of users worldwide, we suggest that you begin with some amazing Contact Forms plugins available in the market.
In this blog post, we will be talking about the top 10 WordPress contact form plugins to help you create the best kind of contact forms for your website. These forms can be as simple as a pancake or can carry all the fields of your choice, depending upon the kind of interaction they are expected to fulfill.
1. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is the most popular contact form plugin for WordPress. Riding high with more than 5 million active installations, Contact Form 7 plugin is the type of plugin that provides just the right kind of end-result. It’s super customizable, lightweight and very easy to use.
- Stop spamming with CAPTCHA
- Multiple Contact forms
- Ajax-powered submission
- Akismet spam filtering
- Track form submission with Google Analytics
- URL redirect after form submission
- Wide ranges of form fields
- Not a WordPress form builder
- Styling could get complex
- Absence of Preview window
So, if you are looking to develop simple, customizable yet meaningful forms for your website(s), then Contact From 7 is the best free WordPress contact form plugin in the market for you.
2. Contact Form by WPForms – Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress
Current Version: 1.4.6
Last Updated: 16 May, 2018
If you are eyeing to create a professionally well-crafted form for your website without the need of hiring a developer, WPForms should be your go-to option. This WordPress form builder creates responsive contact forms which are meant for all kinds of purposes such as subscription and payments.
Some of its features are:
- Pre-built form templates
- Multi-page forms
- Smart conditioning login to help create high performance forms
- Instant Notifications
- Spam protection
- Streamlined workflow – All your leads in one place
- Geolocation Data
- Custom CAPTCHA
- Several Addons
- Basic Plan: 39$/year
- Plus Plan: 99 $/year
- Pro Plan: 199 $/year
- Agency Plan: 499 $/year
3. Caldera Forms
With a drag and drop interface, you can use Caldera forms WordPress plugin to create amazing forms with a lot of field types and an unlimited number of fields while setting up a website or a website. The plugin is amazing because it is designed by default to check spam. With responsive templates in place, you can create great forms with ease.With a support of IPs blocking, you can leave spam behind.
It offers a ton of other features such as:
- Word verification
- Conditional logic
- 10 default form templates
- Google Maps integration
- Unlimited auto-responders
- Support for additional attributes for each field
- Emailing option to the admin upon submitting a form, among others
- Amazing support
4. Contact Form Builder
Current Version: 1.0.65
Last Updated: 29 Mar, 2018
The Contact Form Builder is a plugin for creating responsive contact forms and feedback forms. It currently has more than 60,000 active installations and is quite a popular one.
Some of its amazing features are:
- Activate/De-activate chosen fields
- Customizable forms
- Google Maps integration
- Captchand ReCaptcha word verification
- Blocking IPs
- 10 default templates
- Creation of new required fields
- Receipt of submitted data
- 47 languages supported
5. Ninja Forms
This free plugin is one of the most popular contact form builders available in the market with over 1 million active installations. It can be used for any kind of WordPress forms that you can imagine. With a drag and drop design, snit-spam options, ajax form submission and many other options, Ninja Forms can be your hot favorite pick for crafting beautiful website forms. Other features include:
- Unlimited number of forms, fields, emails, actions, or submissions
- Email customization
- WordPress integration
- Many Anti-Spam options
- Decision to send a ‘Success’ message or redirect the users to another URL
- Export/Import forms
- Form user submissions: Manage, Edit, and Export
- Translation ready
Being a complete package with 40 addons, new ones are regularly added for the convenience of the users.
- Reportedly, has broken sites. Hence, make sure that you backup all the data.
6. Contact Form by WD – Responsive drag & drop contact form builder tool
Current Version: 1.12.20
Last Updated: 29 Mar, 2018
Created by the WebDorado Form Builder Team, this plugin does away with the need for coding knowledge. One can easily create simple as well as complex forms for their websites. It also provides:
- Cross-browser compatibility
- No coding knowledge required
- Pre-built templates
- 7 field types
- Intuitive form editor
- Conditional fields
- Easy to manage backend interface
- View and manage all submissions
- Share contact info
7. Form Maker by WD – user-friendly drag & drop Form Builder plugin
Current Version: 1.12.25
Last Updated: 11 May, 2018
Again, a product from the WebDorado Form Builder Team, this plugin is a simple yet powerful one. Website admins and owners can create responsive and customizable forms with its quick drag and drop interface. The best thing about this plugin is its non-requirement of development or programming knowledge to create crisp forms. Some of its features are:
- Simple and Arithmetic Captcha
- Google ReCaptcha
- 4 outstanding appearances types
- Pre-installed template forms
- MySQL mapping
- Survey tools
Explore Form Maker Pro. Its features are:
- Stripe integration
- Mailchimp integration
- Pdf integration
- WordPress Registration
- Google Drive Integration
- Dropbox Integration
8. Contact Form & SMTP Plugin for WordPress by PirateForms
Current Version: 2.4.1
Last Updated: 7 May, 2018
A Themeisle product, this plugin has seen over 2 lakhs active installations and is unique because it is customizable, reCaptcha enabled and is SMTP supported which means that the site admin can stay assured of not missing out an email from requesting visitors.
Its features include:
- It is fully customizable, right from field tables to messages.
- Provides contacts database
- Not a drag-and-drop builder
- Inability to create multiple forms
- Cannot add new fields
Learn about Pirate Forms Extended Version. Some of its features are:
- 30 days moneyback guarantee
- Mailchimp integration
- Responsiveness and much more
If yours is a WordPress powered website, Gravity Forms are the easiest tools to help you build advanced forms. You can create a professional contact form for your website with the help of:
- 30+ Ready to Use Form Fields
- Email Notifications
- File uploads
- Responsive design
- Spam check
- Form embedding
- Limit and Schedule forms
- Endless integrations such as MailChimp, PayPal, Stripe, Highrise, Freshbooks, Dropbox, Zapier
- Standard ticket support system
It also has some Elite features.
There are a lot of other power-packed features provided by this plugin which make it based on a premium model. You will have to shell out $59/year for the basic plan (single website), $259/year for an elite plan (unlimited websites), and $159/year for 3 websites for a Pro license.
Although Gravity Forms doesn’t have free plan as other plugins, the features that plugin brings to you make it the best WordPress contact form plugin in the market. Besides, it’s developer-friendly with lots of APIs, hooks. You can use it to build advanced forms, trigger custom actions and manage the submitted results in just a few minutes.
10. Visual Form Builder
This plugin will provide you with a single place for creating and managing all your website forms in a short span of time. With over 1 Lakh active installations, logic-based anti-SPAM system, jQuery Form Validation, notifications email, and many more features, fully functional contact forms are a download away.
The Pro version of this WordPress form plugin imparts the following functionalities:
- No Coding required
- Drag and Drop interface
- Export/Import form, settings, entries
- Spam protection
- Bulk Add option
- Duplication of settings
- Data Validation
- Data Migration
- Special widget fields
- Email Designer to help you customize outgoing emails
- Upload Attachments
- Entries: View, edit, delete, export, sort, and search
While sending emails through your contact forms, there is a chance that your emails will go to Spam or Junk folder. If you see this problem in your website, take a look at these transactional email services. They can help you deliver emails better and more reliable.
Contact forms are an undisputed medium for the exchange of information via the site visitors’ end for purposes of business inquiry, career openings, service quotes etc. So, it is highly important to invest your time and thought procedure into an efficient form building plugin so that you can create beautiful forms which are responsive and serve your website the right purpose.
Do you have a favorite form builder? Is it one from the list above? We look forward to your feedback in the comment section.